Ikebana Arrangement with Bell Pepper Flowers

>>  5/02/2012

Last week was fuul of events. Crazy Hand Made exhibition, Samsung Global Blogger contest and Sogetsu Ikebana school opening on Sakhalin island. 

My readers know that I attend Ikebana class. That's my hobby. Last week our school moved to the building of Sakhalin State University. To celebrate this event we showed a live demo on making ikebana. 

My Ikebana teacher allows me to experiment with materials. I usually add fruit and vegetable carving details to my ikebana arrangements. This time I carved flowers of bell peppers. I was doubt if that was a good idea to combine the free style and the traditional japanese art. But my inner voice said "Just Do That!" :) 


vegetable carving arrangement
Ikebana with flowers carved of bell pepper



4 коммент. :

CJ - Food Stories May 2, 2012 at 12:17 PM  

This is just beautiful. Great job!

Kathleen Richardson May 5, 2012 at 4:53 PM  

A lovely blend of specialities... carving vegetables and flower arranging. More people should be like you and follow their own heart and "just do that!" That's a beautiful arrangement, Selena, and I also enjoyed watching the video.

Post a Comment

LEAVING A COMMENT CREATES GOOD KARMA

Tasty Query - recipes search engine

Food Communities

Carving on Foodista Half Hour Meals All recipes are on Petitchef All Cooking Sites

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP