Huckleberry Tart With Apple Rose Garnish

>>  5/06/2012



Huckleberry tart
I found this easy recipe of the berry tart at TheScootaBaker
Roll out a sheet of puff pastry. Spread berries on the sheet surface and fold the edges like on the photo. I used frozen huckleberry sprinkled with sugar powder.


Fold the edges of the sheet

For the tart garnishing  I made roses of apple.
Quarter and core an apple. Slice it as thin as you can. Now you need to blanch the slices in the syrup.
Take 1/2 cup of sugar and 3 cups of water, bring to the boil. If you want to change a color of apple add a few drops of food coloring (or some berry juice). Boil for 5-7 minutes and take out to drain.

Lay the slices out to get a strip as on the picture.



Roll the strip up and form a rose. Do not roll it tightly, let the rose open its nice petals :)

Roll the slices into a rose

Set the apple roses on the tart and enjoy your baking!



Linked with:
http://www.fingerprintsonthefridge.com/


13 коммент. :

Kit @ i-lostinausten May 6, 2012 at 1:03 PM  

Yummy & love these apple slice roses! Looks fab & I'll love to try this! Well done & beautifully presented! :)

Selena Ze Arteest May 6, 2012 at 11:16 PM  

CJ, thanks :)

Kit, thanks, I am improving my baking skills after visiting your blog :)

Kathleen Richardson May 7, 2012 at 10:33 AM  

Selena, I love this simple recipe and you made the rose garnishes seem so easy that even I could make them!

mari carmen May 8, 2012 at 12:10 AM  

selena la tarta muy rica me gusta mucho tus flores feliz día Besos

Zoe May 8, 2012 at 7:29 PM  

Your roses look so real and it is hard to tell that they are apples! I will have lots of learn from you.

Zoe May 8, 2012 at 8:33 PM  

Of course you can join us @ Cook as a Star. Just cook or bake any Barefoot Contessa recipe and blog hop with us. This blog hop event end on the last day of May :D

Anonymous ,  May 8, 2012 at 9:08 PM  

What a lovely recipe!!! I am definitely going to try this soon.

SavoringTime in the Kitchen May 9, 2012 at 7:34 AM  

Very pretty! All of your food decorations are wonderful.

Cathleen May 9, 2012 at 10:20 AM  

The presentation is beautiful! Those flowers are gorgeous, I've got to try that sometime!

Kit @ i-lostinausten May 9, 2012 at 2:30 PM  

Hi Selena, it's me again! Glad that my blog has inspired you & I'm so happy that you'll be baking join us in the Cook Like A Star event! Can't wait to see your Ina Garten goodies! Have a nice day, Serena! HUGS :)

CJ - Food Stories May 21, 2012 at 8:54 AM  

Selena ... You have been nominated for my NEW Food Stories Award for Excellence in Storytelling. Check out my site for the details (foodstoriesblog dot com).

Post a Comment

LEAVING A COMMENT CREATES GOOD KARMA

Tasty Query - recipes search engine

Food Communities

Carving on Foodista Half Hour Meals All recipes are on Petitchef All Cooking Sites

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP