1. Sakura Blossoms. 2.Food Stories Award

>>  5/27/2012

I've been out of blogging for a while by some reasons. My younger brother got sick in hospital. He needed blood transfusion. We asked relatives and friends to be donors to help him. Moreover I found out that I have a rare blood type... I was out of order because of all the situations. 
Thanks heaven my brother is getting better now. 

It's Sakura blossom season in Sakhalin. Japanese people say that the short sakura time is like a woman beauty. Fades quickly. I can't agree with the statement. Today we have good cosmetic treatments to stay younger ;)

Sakura trees in Yuzhno city streets

Chekov monument in front of the Sakhalin library

Sakura by my office building

Apple tree blossoms

I carved Sakura soap.

Sakura soap

Food Stories award

I was nominated for the  Food Stories Award for Excellence in Storytelling by my blooger friend CJ (Food Story). Now I have to share a random thing about myself. Well the thing is the following:

I have never had iPhone.



3 коммент. :

Kathleen Richardson May 28, 2012 at 4:29 AM  

Selena, that's beautiful Sakura carving. What happens if you have a mistake when carving? How can you put back something that is carved out by mistake or breaks off?

Congratulations on your award! Great job and you deserve it.

So, you've never had a iPhone... I'm curious, does that mean you've never had that particular brand cell phone, or that you've never had any kind of cell phone? I got my first cell phone a few months ago.

Keep writing...

Selena Ze Arteest May 28, 2012 at 5:55 AM  

Hi Kathleen, thanks for checking me up! When I make a mistake in a soap carving I glue the cut detail back to design with water or a glue. This trick does not work in food.It is possible to fix the carved details with a toothpick.
Right back in Saturday I broke a watermelon because it was hollow inside. I have a photo of the spoiled work and a terrible story about that :)

I have a cell phone. I use it generally for making calls. If I had iPhone I could post and send pictures to my blog and Facebook page with it when I am away of my PC.

CJ - Food Stories May 31, 2012 at 2:53 PM  

Love the soap carving. Also, just wanted to alert you that if you want to be in the running for the monthly award/giveaway for the Food Stories Award, you have to follow all the steps on the official award site. Let me know if you have questions. By the way, I don't have an iPhone, either :-)

Post a Comment

LEAVING A COMMENT CREATES GOOD KARMA

Tasty Query - recipes search engine

Food Communities

Carving on Foodista Half Hour Meals All recipes are on Petitchef All Cooking Sites

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP