Cook Like a Star - Barefoot Contessa (Smoked Salmon and Egg Salad Tartines)

>>  5/28/2012

I found the recipe at Food Network - Barefoot Contessa  Salmon is a frequent ingredient in our menu here. Smoked salmon and egg salad tartines were really delicious. I didn't modify the recipe. I prepared the tartines following exactly the original recipe of Ina Garten. The only thing I added was a radish batterfly garnish. And yes, I reduced the ingredient's quantity.

Ingredients 
8 servings
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 tablespoon good mayonnaise
  • 1 teaspoons whole-grain mustard ( I ground it)
  • 1 tablespoons minced fresh dill
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/3 ground black pepper
  • 8 slices French bread 
  • 8 slices good smoked salmon

Directions

Boil the eggs. Peel them and chop.
Transfer the chopped eggs to a bowl and add the mayonnaise, mustard, dill, salt, and pepper. Combine lightly with a fork.
Toast or grill the bread. Lay 1 slice of salmon on each piece of bread, spread on the egg salad, then garnish with a sprig of dill. I used a radish garnish.  Serve at room temperature.




 Barefoot Contessa, Ina Garten recipe
The day before I made a vegetable carving arrangement for my class and carving tools presentation. It consists of pumpkin, cucmber, carrot and daikon.




The recipe is linked to Cook like a Star blog hop event organized by Zoe (Bake for Happy Kids).


7 коммент. :

Zoe May 28, 2012 at 4:50 PM  

These are great as finger food for entertaining. Smoked salmon and egg with mayo sounds very delicious to me!

Zoe May 28, 2012 at 6:14 PM  

Forget to mention that I'm your latest follower and wish to be back for more...

Kathleen Richardson May 29, 2012 at 2:44 AM  

Selena, I agree with Zoe that these will be great finger foods at any size gathering. Your basket/bouquet is gorgeous. So clever using the pumpkin for the basket and handle.

Keep writing...

Billy May 29, 2012 at 4:28 AM  

These recipes look very tasty and they gave me the inspiration that I try to make something of these wonderful recipes..Thanks

Inspired by eRecipeCards May 30, 2012 at 6:05 AM  

Great blog hop... First time seeing this. Love Ina and you picked a terrific little tasty app!

Thanks for sharing
Dave at eRecipeCards.com

CJ - Food Stories May 31, 2012 at 2:51 PM  

Love the pumpkin, cucmber, carrot and daikon carving ... just beautiful :-)

Unknown June 27, 2012 at 10:50 PM  

This looks terrifically delicious. Thank you so much for sharing the recipe.

Recycle Decals

Post a Comment

LEAVING A COMMENT CREATES GOOD KARMA

Tasty Query - recipes search engine

Food Communities

Carving on Foodista Half Hour Meals All recipes are on Petitchef All Cooking Sites

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP