Pumpkin Buddies - Easy Halloween Project

>>  9/25/2011

Today I enjoyed playing with pumpkins. I painted faces on them, made accessories and played some stages. That was a fun. This Halloween project has a little of carving work. The main tool for it is a CD marker.

See more Halloween projects on my page


The faces idea is inspired by paintings of www.spookyhollow.net


To make the pumpkin buddies you will need:
1. A pumpkin itself. Pick up a couple of nice pimpkins you think they are suitable for the project. Decide on pumpkins of different shapes and colours.

2. CD/DVD marker  to draw faces. I prefer to use a CD marker because it does not flow out to a smooth surface of pumpkin. A black one will be perfect.

3. A thai knife or a sharp knife (a kind of orange knives) to carve eyes details.

4. You also might need some accessories for you pumpkin buddies to give them a complete look. Continue reading the project description and you will get what kind of accessories I mean.

IMPORTANT NOTE:

Before drawing faces with a CD marker scratch your design with a toothpick or a pen. Now you are positive about the lines you are going to draw. Remember that a CD marker is hard to remove. 




Hooded Pumpkin Buddy


Hooded Pumpkin Buddy
Use a curved pumpkin for the guy in a hood.

To make eyes remove pumpkin skin for the white of the eyes. Draw out the eyes and the skin around. Draw an appropriate grin.

To complete a look of the hooded pumpkin attach a pompon to the hood. A baby pumpkin works well for it.


Goody Pumpkin


Goody Pumpkin with a dragonfly on a head.
I found the dragonfly dead at my balcony


I called him Goody.

For this cute face I have chosen a white pumpkin.  This sort of pumpkins has a very hard skin. I was unable to cut it! So let use our marker and give it an emotion.

I found a dead dragonfly in my home veranda. Think that was the best decoration for my little friend.





Top Hatted Pumpkin

Top Hatted Pumpkin Gentleman.
The hat is made of a magazine advertisement


What does a man make to be a gentleman? You are right if say it's watches and a top hat.

I made the top hat from a magazine advertisement. You  will quickly find the instruction for the hat if google a bit.

The most important thing for the pumpkin buddy is fixing the hat. I'll tell you a trick. Insert a toothpick into the pumpkin head and hang the hat on it.  The toothpick will prevent the hat falling down. 



Halloween flower

Use a CD marker to draw a face on a pumpkin

Cute Halloween pumpkins buddies. Easy to make. Fun to be with.

YOU ARE DONE!  What I love about all these pumpkins is that they are long-play pumpkin crafts.

Enjoy the Halloween crafting! And please visit me often :))



If you have something to share with Create n Carve ~ Fruit and Vegetable Event what I host in September 2011
feel free to send it to my email selen15367 (@) yahoo.com
click the banner and read the Event details

I am hosting Create n Carve ~ Fruit and Vegetable Carving Event


3 коммент. :

Unknown September 25, 2011 at 7:23 AM  

my daughter and I will for sure being doing this!

Inspired by eRecipeCards October 16, 2011 at 2:17 PM  

A Terrific timely post and soooo cute!

Thank you again for continuing to submit these wonderful things to eRecipecards. You have a terrific body of work building
http://erecipecards.com/account/userrecipes.php?id=112
Dave

Post a Comment

LEAVING A COMMENT CREATES GOOD KARMA

Tasty Query - recipes search engine

Food Communities

Carving on Foodista Half Hour Meals All recipes are on Petitchef All Cooking Sites

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP