Watermelon Carving and Vegetable Flowers

>>  6/05/2013

The photo shows how I carved an inscription in a small watermelon.

First, I carved the inscription in a green skin.
After peeling, I carved the waves in red flesh of the watermelon.
Then, the roses around the inscription.
And finished the design with the side elements.

watermelon carving step by step
The inscription and the waves
 The watermelon was in a small size, so I carved small flowers of daikon and carrot. To get the flowers of the same size, I picked a thin daikon and the most thick carrot. Can you imagine my shopping process? :) I can be a very picky shopper when it comes to carving purpose. I am sure you do the same! 

carrot garnish rose carving
Flowers carved of carrot and daikon

watermelon carving and vegetable carving art
The complete carving display
Check out more articles:
Miniature Carrot Flowers
Fruit Displays in a shape of Cakes and Towers decorated with vegetable flowers
Watermelon Carving Display With Pumpkin 3D Heart and Roses


3 коммент. :

Kathleen Richardson June 6, 2013 at 3:30 PM  

Selena, you may have already been asked this and answered... do you follow patterns for all your carvings? Or do you sometimes (often?) come up with ideas and changes as you carve? Everything I've seen on your site is, of course, well executed and gorgeous to the eye.

Selena Ze Arteest June 6, 2013 at 11:35 PM  

Kathleen, usually I make a drawing of displays. Before carving a watermelon I think what would look good in it (pattern on green skin, flowers or other elements). In my case a watermelon design depends on the quality of the watermelon. Here in Sakhalin, fruits are imported overseas with a long way of transportation. This affect condition of the watermelons, they are not so great for carving (I mean there is no good contrast between green skin and red flesh and so on).

So I am trying to follow a decided pattern, but I can change it.

Regarding the watermelon on the picture, the inscription is transfered to the skin (the same method as we do it on pumpkins).

The wavy elements are the same as on the previous watermelon with parrots. I just made a few changes to experiment.

Sometimes I completely change idea of watermelon pattern while carving.

Unknown June 17, 2015 at 2:27 AM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment

LEAVING A COMMENT CREATES GOOD KARMA

Tasty Query - recipes search engine

Food Communities

Carving on Foodista Half Hour Meals All recipes are on Petitchef All Cooking Sites

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP