Food and Travel

>>  3/30/2011

Related entries:


By this blog post I want to share a few words about a new Wiki project related to food. MyCityCuisine is Food & Travel Wikipedia that guide you to a traditional cuisine from around the world.

MyCityCuisine project is on the stage of filling up with content. I took a look at the website and found some cities I have been to. It was a fun to recall my culinary experience in those countries:

Barcelona. I remember pizzeria and fast food only. In my opinion it is difficult to find a restaurant of traditional spanish cuisine in Barcelona. I have managed to enjoy spanish food in Sevilla. I liked paella, beer and olives, fried sea food and cheese. And some baking too.

 Beijing. Peking Duck is the most delicious thing I have tried in Beijing. I have been to Beijing for a short trip so I did not managed to try much. The most shocking dish was a bug kebab in a street market. I saw chinese men eating bugs & worms kebab and that was enough to me to experience the dish. (check up the pictures of that kind of kebabs in Street Food section Deep Fried Inserts on MyCityCuisine)

Cairo. I loved egyptian sandwiches with Tahini sauce and Tamiyya. I also tried a sugarcane juice. Someone said me to beware of the local street food, but believe me it is tasty. I am OK and still alive after that.

Riga. Latvian food tastes like Russian food. It is simple and tasty. I did not found anything exotic there. One thing I was impressed by is a really large plate. When I asked a half  portion of the dish that was too much to me yet.

Tokyo. Well :)) I guess I have tried everything in Japan apart from Fugu fish. I have tasted fresh fish and black eggs boiled into sulphur spring. Japanese cuisine is my favorite one (while I prefer a well cooked dishes).

On MyCityCuisine you will find the names, description and photo of the national food from around the world. You are able to update info like in other Wiki websites.



0 коммент. :

Post a Comment

LEAVING A COMMENT CREATES GOOD KARMA

Tasty Query - recipes search engine

Food Communities

Carving on Foodista Half Hour Meals All recipes are on Petitchef All Cooking Sites

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP