Soap Carving in Bangkok. My Last Thai Story

>>  2/26/2013


Bangkok, Thailand
February 2013

Soap Carving
New designs of Malisa school

At the last day of my staying in BKK, I had soap classes at Malisa school. After a week training I was confident about serious designs (better to say, my teachers felt OK to teach me the serious designs :))    I passed the carving test and was allowed to carve the new designs).

All my soap carvings were made in pink because soap bars of other colors were not soft enough for that carving style. I was given with some of  the special tools to work on soap.


beautiful soap carving heart  roses design
Details, work of mine


beautiful japanese sopa carving style malisa school
Beautiful carving style, new design of Malisa school
work of mine
Each soap took two hours of concentrated work. 

Go deeper inside the soap when carve this design
Malisa school can teach any level students, from beginners to professionals. At the class I had a seat between two teachers from Osaka and Tokyo, they came to Malisa to learn new things of high level.  

having a lunch with  Ellie from Tokyo, and her friends.
Pity that was my last day in Bangkok

this cat was watching us while our lunch

The last evening in BKK I spent at Arab Market across Sukhumvit Road.  The district has a name Little Arabia and looks like a big market with street restaurants, fruit shops and jewelry/bags/clothes/gifts/massage saloons, freak beggars/transvestites/tourists and no cats. It is crowdy till night. If you pass through the market you will get Terminal 21, a modern trading center at Sukhumvit Road. 
I just wonder how all the things can exist together at one place :) That's Bangkok!

This is my last story from BKK. Read all articles about my trip to Thailand here.

Flying back home to Sakhalin,
the picture is taken between HongKong and Russia.
Few statistic data: 
For the week trip to Thailand I experienced 7 flights, 1 train, 3 hotels, 3 taxi, 5 airports, metro, 1 motobike, 1 cycling taxi, 1 cable car and walking barefoot.


5 коммент. :

Blackswan February 26, 2013 at 6:37 AM  

OMG, these carvings are gorgeous! Wish I've half of your skills. Lol!

Kathleen Richardson February 26, 2013 at 4:48 PM  

Selena, I'm so glad you had such a good time. Your skills are amazing and yet you are able to learn more and more.

Selena Ze Arteest February 26, 2013 at 9:29 PM  

@Shirley, @Kathleen, thanks! There are many new things, impossible to learn all at one life :) I hope the Malisa lessons will push me ahead to be more professional. Don't want to stuck at my medium level :))

Seta Tutundjian February 27, 2013 at 12:08 PM  

Selena,
These are GORGEOUS!!!!!! you are just amazing!! Seta

Post a Comment

LEAVING A COMMENT CREATES GOOD KARMA

Tasty Query - recipes search engine

Food Communities

Carving on Foodista Half Hour Meals All recipes are on Petitchef All Cooking Sites

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP