3D Pumpkin Sculptures

>>  9/22/2012

If you follow carving art's news you might heard about Ray Villafane's 3D Pumpkin Tutorial. Ray makes fantastic 3D sculptures in pumpkins which look like real faces. The good news is that Ray released a DVD tutorial with lessons and loop tools for pumpkin face sculpturing. 

I bought his DVD and tools last year when the pumpkin season was over. I have been waiting for a whole year to test the loop tools.  And it's the time now! I watched his video several times before I started. 
I should confess I doubted whether I can carve the 3D face or not. I plucked up my courage, left my fears  behind and took the tools. 

That was something incredible. Following the Ray's tutorial I carved (the better word is scraped) 3 pumpkin faces in 2 days. On the picture below is my very first face made exactly as Ray teaches in his DVD:

how to make 3D pumpkin
my very first 3D pumpkin Grrrrr Face and Ray's tutorial

Other two pumpkins were made the next day. I thought my own desing for them. Following Ray's tips and explanations I managed to do them!

3D pumpkin face
the second attempt, Smiling Face

3D pumpkin face
the third pumpkin, Thiniking Face

Cool, isn't it? :)
By the way, Ray published an album with his pumpkins. I purchased it also. There are photos with close-up look of pumpkin faces in the album so you can see clearly the details like a mouth line, nose or eyes position. 

3D pumpkin book



I have all the products of Ray Villafane:



3D pumpkin face
Scrape the pumpkin  inside and insert a candle inside. 

3D pumpkin face
3D pumpkin gang

Submitted to

Two Succulent Sisters

6 коммент. :

Indian Assist. Chief September 22, 2012 at 8:22 AM  

Great Idea of innovation and a track for kids, lovely guys, keep it up .

Kathleen Richardson September 23, 2012 at 5:43 AM  

These are wonderful. You learn quickly and are so talented!

Crafts a la Mode October 10, 2012 at 9:04 PM  

Thanks for linking to the PUMPKIN PARTY. These definitely qualify. Love 'em. It's fun to learn something new. Best wishes, Linda

Unknown October 10, 2013 at 3:15 AM  

Awww these pumpkin carvings are too cute! such oggly eyes! Thanks for sharing.

Cheers!
- Cristine
Pumpkin Carving Ideas

Post a Comment

LEAVING A COMMENT CREATES GOOD KARMA

Tasty Query - recipes search engine

Food Communities

Carving on Foodista Half Hour Meals All recipes are on Petitchef All Cooking Sites

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP