Easter Dinner

>>  4/17/2012

You might  heard that Russian Easter was celebrated on the 15th of April, the last Sunday. I have posted some pictures of our Easter food at my Facebook page. Today I'd like to give more details about it.

The main Easter food in Russia is Kulich or Easter cake. Kulich is a pastry with raisins. The cake on the picture below is not my baking. I bought it at a shop. Mine was the decorative part. Several months ago I purchased a special plate to display Easter food. The plate has cells for eggs which help to arrange them nicely around the plate. I have a few ideas of using this plate in a routine life. 
By the way have you seen my Food Wonder Tree? :))

Kulich and easter eggs

Roasted chicken garnished with carrot flowers. I used a carrot curler to do the flowers.


Apply some salt and spicies onto a chicken skin and inside the chicken and leave for 2-3 hours. Set a chicken in a roaster and bake in a middle fire for 2 hours.





I recieved a photo from my friends with thier Esater cooking. They had a lot of baking (click the photo for a closer look):


2 коммент. :

CJ - Food Stories April 17, 2012 at 8:45 AM  

I love learning about different cultures and different foods. Thanks for sharing information about yours.

kathy April 17, 2012 at 11:42 PM  

Hello

Good Day, i have been trying to create a nice blog post
and i saw yours and i found it very interesting keep up
the good work i'll be back for more

Kathy
www.healthandwellnessconsultants.com

Post a Comment

LEAVING A COMMENT CREATES GOOD KARMA

Tasty Query - recipes search engine

Food Communities

Carving on Foodista Half Hour Meals All recipes are on Petitchef All Cooking Sites

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP